Louisiana Business Litigation Attorneys
Baton Rouge • Greater New Orleans • North Shore
Louisiana business and corporate lawyer Jennifer Treadway has served businesses, professional organizations, and insurance companies from Greater Baton Rouge to Greater New Orleans and the North Shore since her admission to the Louisiana Bar in 1994.
As legal counsel for small businesses and professionals, she urges each client to call her before signing a contract, drafting a contract on their own, drafting an employee handbook, or taking any other action that affects their rights or could have serious long-range consequences. Preventive legal advice may be the best investment you, as a businessperson, will ever make. Treadway Gaudin | Lawyers provides many small business services which are a valuable part of any business investment.
New Orleans and Baton Rouge Insurance Lawyers for Louisiana's Small Businesses
We will be happy to discuss a variety of solutions for your small business or professional organization. Treadway Gaudin | Lawyers is prepared to assist businesses with alternative insurance solutions such as group self-insurance funds and self-insured employer programs. We highly recommend that business clients conduct in-house compliance audits before problems arise. Preventive legal services may be the best investment your company can make.
Contact our Baton Rouge office to arrange a consultation about legal and business services for your business.
We offer businesses from Greater Baton Rouge to greater New Orleans and the North Shore a full range of transactional and litigation services, including:
- Services needed by business start-ups and small business services: drafting partnership agreements, articles of incorporation for s-corps or c-corps, shareholder agreements, articles of organization for limited liability companies (LLCs), and member agreements; obtaining required licenses; drafting operating agreements, bylaws, and policy and procedures manuals; management consulting; and commercial real estate leases
- On-going counsel: negotiating, drafting, and reviewing contracts; buy/sell agreements, non-compete contracts, confidentiality agreements, drafting employee handbooks and policies; business consulting; advising and drafting documents for reorganization of company, partnership, or corporate structure; business expansion contracts; branch location organization and contracts; mergers and acquisitions; trade association formation; handling shareholder meetings; and keeping books and minutes for board of directors' meetings
- Conducting audits for corporate liability prevention to customers or other third parties including premises liability, sexual harassment and discrimination claims, product or service liability
- Conducting in-house audits to see that companies are in compliance with employment and licensing regulations;
- Protecting the business structure to promote smooth operation in case of disagreement among partners or board members
- Conducting contract review for simplified debt collection
- Dispute resolution: skilled and assertive representation of clients involved in negotiations, mediation, arbitration, or trial. An experienced trial lawyer licensed to practice before all Louisiana state and federal courts
- Employment law: review of worker documentation, drafting of employee handbooks, wage and hour compliance, human resource department set up or audit, discrimination and harassment policy compliance, immigration compliance, federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance; and other employee issues
- Construction law: involving public works, private works, collections, and construction contracts
- I nsurance law: representing self-insured businesses and insurance companies in issues such as insurance coverage disputes, insurance contracts, and insurance regulatory compliance. Long before your company finds itself involved in a dispute, it is important to establish a good relationship with an astute business lawyer.
U.S. trademarks / copyrights: including trademark licensing agreements. Treadway Gaudin | Lawyers can help you to protect your business investment in your brand, logo and name through registration with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. We assist clients with protecting their product brand as well as copyright of software. Additionally, we assist businesses grow their business with properly drafted confidentiality agreements and customized licensing agreements. Ask how we can help your business protect its business, services and products.
Corporate Financing, Red Carpet Financing, Venture Capital, Mergers & Acquisitions
The firm has successfully arranged venture capital financing for the acquisition of a property and casualty insurance company and secured both construction and long term financing for two hotel projects in the $10 million dollar range. The firm is active in the venture capital and corporate financing in the Louisiana venture capital and corporate financing areas and assists with mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures of companies and partnerships. The firm can access the Louisiana Angel Investor in both the New York and London markets for capital financing and venture capital.